1. “A Whole New World” won the Academy Award for Best Song in 1993. It was featured in which Disney movie?
a-“Aladdin,” b-“The Little Mermaid,” c-“Beauty and the Beast,” d-“The Lion King.”
2. Who wrote the classic science-fiction novel “The War of the Worlds”?
a-Jules Verne, b-H.G. Wells, c-Arthur C. Clarke, d-Edgar Allan Poe.
3. Who was the longtime host of the sports anthology TV show “ABC’s Wide World of Sports”?
a-Marlin Perkins, b-Brent Musberger, c-Verne Lundquist, d-Jim McKay.
4. What Judy Garland musical was set around the World’s Fair of 1904?
a-“The Harvey Girls,” b-“Meet Me in St. Louis,” c-“Summer Stock,” d-“Little Nellie Kelly.”
5. What publisher made his fortune with the New York World newspaper?
a-Emile Zola, b-Joseph Pulitzer, c-Andrew Carnegie, c-Donald Trump.
6. What young adult book series features an evil organization known as WICKED (World in Catastrophe: Killzone Experiment Department)?
a-“The Fallen,” b-“The Legend,” c-“Divergent,” d-“The Maze Runner.”
7. What band had a hit with the 1985 song “Everybody Wants to Rule the World”?
a-Tears for Fears, b-Simply Red, c-A-Ha, d-Starship.
8. In which New Testament book did Jesus say “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life”?
a-Matthew, b-Mark, c-Luke, d-John.
9. Who starred as teenager Cory Matthews on the coming-of-age TV series “Boy Meets World”?
a-Lee Norris, b-Ben Savage, c-Austin Nichols, d-George Finn.
10. The first FIFA Women’s World Cup for soccer was held in 1991 in what country?
a-Nigeria, b-China, c-Chile, d-USA.
11. “Fall of Giants,” “Master of the World,” and “Edge of Eternity” make up the Century Trilogy by what writer?
a-Clive Cussler, b-Ken Follett, c-Lincoln Child, d-Lee Child.
12. Who played the policeman overseeing the antics in the movie “It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World”?
a-Jimmy Durante, b-Jackier Gleason, c-Spencer Tracy, d-Phil Silvers.
2-b, H.G. Wells
3-d, Jim McKay
4-b, “Meet Me in St. Louis”
5-b, Joseph Pulitzer
6-d, “The Maze Runner”
7-a, Tears for Fears
9-b, Ben Savage
11-b, Ken Follett
12-c, Spencer Tracy