Ed Justo is a candidate for US Representative for the 6th District of Virginia.
The words expressed herein are the words of Ed Justo for his aforementioned campaign, not those of any agent like the other campaigns, today March 16, 2018.
“I fear the behavior of some of the District leadership, and some candidates as well, has become childish; and I make a demand for it to stop. I include facts and links; not included herein, will be provided upon request. Because I am nothing if not transparent.
I will begin with the other candidates:
Ben Cline campaign has made claims that join my initial statement made on video on February 21st of 2018; available at my facebook page (Facebook/edgopidistrict) titled “delegate list given prematurely”. Actually, it was my statement on that video that started this scandal; he stood quiet, for days, on the topic.
In my original statement on video on Feb. 21st, I called attention to the words of the Dunbar campaign manager Tedrick, who is also the Vice Chair for the District. He admitted having received information regarding delegates. This admission was made, by himself! on an interview provided by Mr Whitelow from breaking through TV; a news outlet On this interview, at 7 minutes 10 seconds, Tedrick admits that: he got the head count of delegates from Waynesboro and other counties, that he got the source of each delegate, and claims that I had no delegates.
I contacted the Waynesboro Chair asking for the information as well, after hearing Dunbar campaign statement that they got information I did not get. Since Dunbar could get it through Tedrick, then I wanted that same information. I asked the Waynesboro Chair for it. His response was that no list was released, that the list was to be provided to the District Committee and so forth.
I contacted Mr Sayre, the Chair for the District. I notified him that: 1. If Waynesboro, and others, released the total amount of delegates to Dunbar only, then she is given an unfair advantage and, 2. If the numbers were released to her before other candidates, she is given an unfair advantage as well.
I explained as follows: By knowing the numbers of delegates from each campaign, and the location of those delegates before the other candidates, she can rearrange resources to acquire more delegates at other sectors, and redirect funds to advertise more in areas she is weak. A day in advance is over 25 doors knocked, 500 mailers sent, and around 200 calls made to voters. Something any campaign benefits from, if they got the information she got before anyone else.
My complaint was proven absolutely accurate, and corrections were made. All candidates can confirm that after my statement to Sayre, a conference call among the chairs was made with the District command and they were forced to agree to release the total number of delegates. Therefore, once more, I called attention to the issue of corruption and to the issue of unfair advantage; acted on it, and reached results. All chairs can confirm this, Sayre can confirm this, other candidates can confirm it as well; all got the same email.
It was not until days later that a stir occurred. Dunbar and Cline, once again through agents, presented themselves at one county demanding head counts of delegates. This was quite troubling because: they were demanding totals before all other candidates got those numbers. Those numbers were given to them, once again, before other candidates (if at all, since I do not recall receiving them). This was absolutely unacceptable! I made another claim of fraud on the release of information on delegates to the District leadership.
In response I got silence. And multiple attacks by various chairs and vice chairs. It started with Troxel, running for re-election. Then Tedrick, speaking again in the name of Dunbar (whom never says anything), throwing insults. I responded to both, but once again it turned into a kindergarten fight; and I could not stand such nonsense.
Fed up with the constant high-school-children-drama generated by the issue as of now, and current additional commentary and fighting; I will clarify my position. I started the disclosure of the unfair acts, so is fair I make this statement and be heard:
1. Tedrick, Dunbar’s campaign guy, should not be the holding the Vice Chair position while working for a candidate because he is using his position to acquire information that is not released to other candidates, and/or was released prematurely to him and the campaign he works for. This could not be a bigger act of corruption to benefit Dunbar; the appropriate word would be “cheating”.
2. Cline cannot claim his hands are clean either; he has gotten the list of republican voters in the District, and likely has been calling them since November. Only elected officials can get this list, and the fact that he has that advantage by being sponsored by Goodlatte, also stinks of corruption. Also “cheating”.
3. Chaz, I am sorry to say, also has had access to that list. He could not have sent the delegate forms to the over 15,000 republicans in Harrisonburg and Rockingham without the voter lists; which he acquired only via Obenshain. An elected official that also has access to them. So he is also smeared with the stink of corruption.
4. Sayre is correct in stating that Cline and Chaz are establishment and have an unfair advantage, because they do and I stated here why; but so is Dunbar. He is also right in stating that the delegate lists are not to be released until the specified date on the rules (I do hate admitting it); because so was agreed on the January 6th District meeting.
Nonetheless, he is not in the clear, and should not hold the torch of vindication just yet. He allowed the release of delegate numbers prematurely, to a candidate he supports in full. Plus, he has not separated himself from the delegate lists while running for the same position Jennifer is. Therefore, he could or has had access to the delegate list, because of his position, while running for that position; an unfair advantage over Jennifer.
Furthermore, I recall repeated mentions that the delegate lists were to be released within 10 days of the deadline for filing to become a delegate by him. This was said all through January, orally, discussed at the January 6th meeting, and I believe on video on one occasion (sadly, the video “disappeared”). The deadline for the release of Delegate Lists is on the convention call as April 7th, that is a fact. But the rules specify only as to the District as a whole; which created the inference that the Chairs could release the lists within the 10 days to everyone as well as the District Chair, as long as the District Chair also releases it on the date in April.
5. There are only two explanations here for all of this: either the establishment (Cline and Chaz) are trying to destroy the party by their corrupt actions, or those opposing them (Dunbar and Tedrick) are too dumb to notice they are doing so by their corrupt actions. Either way, they all should not be elected and should be stopped before they destroy the party in the District.
I ask all delegates to be kind enough to review the actions of those they support, and consider other sources of information other than their candidate. They might be surprised to see that who they support is not whom it claims to be.