House of Hope
- 2 Rotary Grants Awarded:
- $1,500 Rotary Club of Front Royal – Computer systems to be installed and built for the men at the House of Hope.
- $500 Rotary club of Warren County – Graduation Baskets for the men at the House of Hope to include: Air Mattress, Sheets, Pillow, Laundry Basket.
- As an extra bonus, the following items have been donated by local businesses and individuals:
- Free Scoop of Ice Cream (C&C Frozen Treats), Free Coffee (Daily Grind), 2 Movie Tickets (Royal Cinemas), Free Haircut (Mattie the Barber at Blake & Co), Bracelet (Beth Waller/SPACE & What Matters), Inspirational Cards, Taxi Ride (Front Royal Taxi), Golden Ticket (I Want Candy). Thank you to all of the local businesses who are donating these passes to help brighten the men’s day after graduation!
- We See You, Warren County – sign up (free) online to join this “movement” to help bring our community together. Follow on Facebook! You are going to love it! #WeCUWC
Humane Society of Warren County
- Rough Tough & Scruffy – DATE RESCHEDULED: June 18
- Grab a friend and sign up for a canoe race!!! Vendors, music, and food for all to enjoy. $10.00 entry fee. Proceeds benefit the Humane Society of Warren County. Enjoy the gorgeous venue at Hazard Mill Farms, Bentonville.
- Yard Sale & Bake Sale – June 2 & 3
- The House of Hope is so thankful for the opportunity to have set up a bake sale during the yard sale at the Humane Society of Warren County. Happy to announce almost $900 was made during and after the bake sale! Thankful!
Warren County Market Report for May 2022 with Jen Avery, REALTOR
Watch this video for a quick summary of Warren County real estate for May 2022. In this report, a 5 year chart for Pending/Closed Sales for the month of May is included. Looks like May 2022 Closed Sales is comparable to May 2019. Charts demonstrate the changes in the market, so be sure to click play!
In general summary:
- New Listings are DOWN -15.9%. April 2022 / -11.4% May 2022
- New Pending DOWN -15.7% April 2022./ -29.7% May 2022
- Closed sales are DOWN -26% April 2022 / -17.5 May 2022
- Average Median Sold $350,500 April 2022 / $347,500 May 2022
- Average Days on Market 25 April 2022 / 19 May 2022
*If you would like a copy of this report emailed to you, please send request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resource: May 2022 Market Stats by ShowingTime
Bright MLS: Statistics calculated June 2022.
Jennifer Avery, REALTOR® “Your Happy Home Expert!”
BPOR, SRS, CNE, E-Pro Certified | Licensed in VA
email@example.com | 540-683-0790 | www.jenaveryrealtor.com
CRUM REALTY, INC| 318 S Loudoun St, Winchester VA 22601 | 540-662-0400
United Way Rubbermaid Product Sale to be held October 29th
The United Way Rubbermaid Product Sale is scheduled for Saturday, October 29th from 9am-12 noon. The sale will be held at Belk at Apple Blossom Mall in Winchester (1850 Apple Blossom Dr. Winchester, VA 22601)! The sale benefits United Way of Northern Shenandoah Valley.
The sale is made possible by a special partnership between United Way NSV, Rubbermaid Commercial Products and The Salvation Army. Product sales help the United Way and its partner agencies generate addition funds to meet local needs. The products available are returned goods, discontinued products and slightly damaged items.
Now accepting credit cards.
Humane Society of Warren County’s 11th annual Tails and Ales tickets on sale NOW!
Tails and Ales, one of our biggest fundraisers of the year, is next month! It will be held at the Front Royal Moose Lodge once again, with Devin Smith’s Delightful Foods catering the event. Tickets are just $40 and include your dinner, beer & wine, a souvenir glass and a chance at the $1000 grand prize! We give out door prizes throughout the night, have a 50/50 raffle along with other games and prizes.
HSWC’s Director of Operations Kayla says “This event is a favorite and the auction baskets are looking fantastic! Don’t wait until it’s too late, grab your tickets NOW! This event has sold-out the last several years, and remember, you MUST be 21+ to attend. You can stop by the shelter at 1245 Progress Drive or visit our website to purchase your ticket today! Come out for an evening of fun surrounded by your best animal loving friends in town!”
Our event sponsors this year include City National Bank, Shear Elegance Pet Boutique, Team Molly & Amy with CBM Mortgage, White Horse Auto Wash, Honey & Hops, Tana Hoffman – Realtor, Petty Betty Treats, The Apple House, Mac’s Roller Rink and longtime friend of the shelter Caroline Craig. Events like this wouldn’t be successful without their support!
The Humane Society of Warren County is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing compassionate care to abandoned, abused, homeless and neglected animals in our community.
This week’s showtimes at Royal Cinemas as of October 7th
Are you looking for the full movie-going experience without having to wait in the long lines that often accompany that experience? Then look no further because Royal Cinemas movie theatre is the answer. Get the whole gang together and enjoy a movie! Reserved seating in all auditoriums.
Here is a list of this week’s showtimes at Royal Cinemas as of Friday, October 7:
Ticket prices are as follows:
- Adult: $10
- Child (under 12): $7
- Military: $8
- Student (college): $8
- Senior: $8
- Matinees, All Seating: $7
Film Club Showing Friday, October 18:
“The Terror” @ 7:30
Special Double-Feature of “Halloween” and “Halloween Ends” on Thursday 13th starting at 6:00 pm
- “Halloween Ends”
- “Black Adam”
- “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever”
- “The Fablemans”
Samuels Public Library announces 44th Holiday Writing Contest
It’s that time of year again! Samuels Public Library is holding their 44th Holiday Writing Contest from October 3, 2022, through November 5, 2022, for children in grades K-12. There will be a reception for winners and their families in December. Entry forms and guidelines are available at the library.
Attention writers and artists! Submit your short story, poem or an illustration by November 5, 2022.
- Winners receive their work in a professionally published keepsake book
- First place winners will receive a certificate to the Royal Oak Bookstore
- A celebratory reception is held for all winners and their families
Considerations for choosing wildlife ambassadors
Have you ever wondered how Blue Ridge Wildlife Center (BRWC) decides which patients to keep as educational wildlife ambassadors?
BRWC is home to 25 non-releasable wildlife ambassadors, many former patients whose injuries have prevented them from surviving in the wild. Jennifer Burghoffer, BRWC’s Education Manager, will be speaking about the rigorous process we go through to make sure that the wild animals on our Education Team are the best animals for the job!
Join us on Thursday, October 6th and meet many of our wildlife ambassadors in-person!
- BRWC Member – 50% Off Discount
- Use discount code MEM22BRWC at checkout
- REGISTER HERE
Space is limited and tickets may go fast—please sign up soon to reserve your seat!
This program is part of Blue Ridge Wildlife Center’s Fall Lecture Series.
Subaru Loves Pets Month at the Winchester Area SPCA
October kicks off #subarulovespets month at the Winchester Area SPCA to help find loving homes for pets in need. This month, WASPCA will benefit from a $100 donation from CMA’s Subaru of Winchester for every pet adopted. Learn more at subaru.com/pets.
Stop by the adoption center at 111 Featherbed Lane in Winchester, VA, Tuesday to Friday, 10am to 5pm, and weekends by appointment to find the love of your life!