With increased focus on interpersonal relationships in recent months, you might be asking what you can and can’t do on Valentine’s Day in an office setting.
The rules of relationships are changing, but here are some tried and true guidelines from Forbes.
1. Don’t discuss your love life at the office and, if you break this rule, make sure you don’t discuss these things with the opposite sex.
2. Don’t flirt. This can be misinterpreted in a dozen different ways. Dodge that snare.
3. Skip the personal gifts but feel free to share cookies with all your coworkers. You might stay away from love-themed cookies and little heart candies. Chocolate chip will do.
4. Don’t get physical at the office. Ever.
5. Rethink having your significant other send elaborate gifts of flowers to the office.
6 .No emotional displays, please. Not joy. Not sadness.