Summer is the season of fun! Make sure your kids follow proper safety measures to avoid any unfortunate scenarios that could put a damper on vacation time.
Remind your children
1. To never give out their personal information online
3. To jump one at a time on the trampoline and avoid attempting dangerous flips
4. To never go down a slide headfirst or at the same time as someone else
5. To always wear a helmet, pay attention to road signs and look both ways before crossing the street when riding their bikes
Furthermore, make sure
6. They know their personal information, such as their parents’ full names and phone numbers, when they go out
7. They stay hydrated, especially during heat waves
8. That your property is free of hazardous plants like poison ivy
9. They apply sunscreen and wear a wide-brimmed hat or baseball cap to play outside
10. They are never left alone in the car, even for a few minutes
Do your kids stay home alone?
Are your kids old enough to stay home alone? Before you leave them on their own, jot down emergency phone numbers, prepare a first aid kit, test smoke detectors and secure access to the pool, liquor cabinet and other areas that could contain hazardous items.