The Front Royal Town Council has directed staff to re-open Main and Chester Streets for vehicular traffic on weekends effective immediately except for Saturday, December 12th, 2020 in which these streets will be closed from 10 am – 6 pm for the Christmas Bazaar.
Additionally, the Gazebo parking lot will be closed on November 26th (Thanksgiving Day) from 2 pm – 5 pm so children can participate in the Thanksgiving Day Turkey Egg Hunt.
Town Notice: Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday closing
The Town of Front Royal Business Offices will be closed Monday, January 18, 2021, in observance of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday. Trash and recycling collection regularly scheduled for Monday will be collected on Wednesday, January 20, 2021. All other regular trash and recycling collection days will remain the same this week. There will be no yard waste collection this week.
The last day for Christmas Tree Collection and Wednesday Yard Waste Collection is January 27, 2021. Wednesday Yard Waste Collection will resume on March 31, 2021.
Town Hall lobby and offices closure extended to February 1, 2021
In an effort to maintain operations, programs, and activities as well as protecting the well-being of employees and citizens the following policies regarding Town operations will remain in effect until February 1st, 2021:
- Town Hall will be closed to citizens and vendors. There will be a phone number at the main entrance of Town Hall for individuals to call to be seen by a Town employee for Permit services. Permit services will continue with customers and will be conducted in the conference room to provide for 6’ social distancing as recommended.
- Town Hall drive thru lanes will remain open for business. One lane will be utilized for payments only; the second drive thru lane may be used for all other transactions conducted with the Department of Finance. The Town will continue with normal processing and collection procedures related to utility services.
The Town anticipates longer wait times for those using the drive-thru services and recommends citizens to call the Department of Finance at (540) 635-7799 to discuss any questions related to utility services or payments.
To avoid long delays the Town strongly encourages citizens to use an alternative method of payment including:
- Website – frontroyalva.com/online-payments (Utilities & Tax Payments)
- By Telephone – Please call the Finance Department 540-635- 7799
- By Mail – Check/Money Order can be sent to P.O. Box 1560, Front Royal, VA 22630
- Drop box – The drop box is located on the outside of the building just before the drive-thru window. Due to high traffic an additional drop box is being installed in front of Town Hall. Citizens are welcome to use either drop box.
It is the Town’s goal to operate effectively and ensure that all essential services are continuously provided and that employees are safe within the workplace. These policies will be in effect until February 1, 2021.
Town phone systems upgrade and planned outage scheduled Wednesday morning
The Town has scheduled general landline phone maintenance on all Town of Front Royal department phones. All Town departments will be unreachable between 7 am – 9 am Wednesday morning December 9th, 2020. Additionally, all voicemail services will be offline. If you need to reach a specific department, we ask that you call outside those hours. If you have an emergency, please call 911.
Town Notice: Curb and Gutter work on John Marshall Hwy – Lane Closure; use caution
The Town of Front Royal will be installing curb and gutter from recent water break damage and will have Westbound lane closed on John Marshall Highway between Jamestown Road and Richmond Road on Thursday, December 3, 2020, between 8 am-3 pm (Weather Permitting)
There will be flaggers and signs in place. Please be aware of crews working and use caution when traveling in this area.
If you have any questions you may call the Public Works Department at 540-635-7819.
Town crew to start bank stabilization in Happy Creek
The Town of Front Royal Public Works Department has obtained a permit from the Virginia Marine Resource Commission (VMRC), Army Corps of Engineers, Virginia Inland Game & Fishery, and Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) to perform channel restoration and creek bank stabilization along Happy Creek between E. Prospect Street and South Street.
The Town is removing accumulated materials and vegetation to reduce potential backups and flooding. No trees larger than approximately 4 inches are being removed. The Town will be reinforcing stream banks to reduce erosion and local flooding potential.
This work has begun and should be finished by December 30, 2020, weather permitting.
There will be times the walking path on Front Street and one southbound lane of S. Commerce Avenue will be closed. There will be signs and cones in place during the working hours of 7:00 am to 5 pm. Motorists are asked to use caution while driving in this area and to be aware of crews working.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Robert Boyer, Public Works Monday-Friday 7 am-3:30 pm
Warren County Parks winter hours reminder
Winter park hours of operation are Sunday through Saturday (7 days per week) from 7:00 AM – Dusk, and effective November 3, 2020, through March 8, 2021, at the locations listed below:
- Gertrude E. Miller Park – 905 Stadium Drive
- Warren County Health & Human Services Complex – 465 W. 15th Street
- Rockland Park – 1 Rockland Park Court
- Smith’s Park – 333 Front Street
- Skyline Soccerplex – 101 Kerfoot Avenue
- Eastham Park – 860 Luray Avenue